Best food plot for clay soil information
1. Whitetail Institute Imperial Clover Food Plot Seed (Spring and Fall Planting), 4-Pound (1/2 Acre)
- Packed with Antler building protein
- Helps does deliver heavier, healthier fawns and produce more milk
- Extremly cold tolerant, Heat, drought and disease resistant
- Coated with RainBond for enhanced seedling survivability
- Lasts up to 5 years from a single planting
- Sport Type: Hunting
- Simple to Plant and easy to grow
- Perfect for Bowhunters
- Can be planted with all hand tools
4. Whitetail Institute Arrest Max Selective Grass Control Herbicide Specifically Developed for Deer Food Plots, 1 Pint
- SPECIFICALLY developed for food plots
- Controls a BROAD RANGE of annual and perennial grasses
- Safe for use with WHITETAIL INSTITUTE perennial forages and with ANY OTHER clover or alfalfa plantings
- Spray once grasses are actively growing in the spring or summer
- NEW chemistry is MORE EFFECTIVE on a broader group of grasses
- Use with most pesticides to improve results
6. Scotts Turf Builder Rapid Grass Tall Fescue Mix: up to 1,845 sq. ft., Combination Seed & Fertilizer, Grows in Just Weeks, 5.6 lbs.
- Enjoy a new lawn in just weeks with Scotts Turf Builder Rapid Grass Tall Fescue Mix; grows up to 2x times faster than seed alone when applied at the new lawn rate (subject to proper care)
- Unique, proprietary combination of tall fescue seed and fertilizer mix results in full green grass that grows in just weeks; expect to see grass growing at a minimum of 11 days and maximum of 21 days
- This tall fescue grass seed and fertilizer combination will change the way you grow grass; it’s the most complete solution for large problem areas in your lawn and establishing new grass
- Fall and Spring are the best times to plant grass seed; seed germinates best when temperatures are between 60°F and 80°F and the chance of frost has passed
- For best results, rake soil lightly to remove debris; apply grass seed with a Scotts spreader, then water daily or as needed to keep soil surface moist until the seedlings reach at least 2 to 3 inches tall; one 5.6-lb. bag seeds up to 1,845 sq. ft.
- Quick, at home results for Soil pH, Nitrogen, Phosphrous and Potash
- Innovative and inexpensive soil test kit features an easy-to-use capsule system and patented color comparators
- Contains all components needed for 40 tests. 10 for each of pH, N, P and K
- Simple, detailed instructions included. Great for beginners and experienced gardeners alike.
- Soil pH preference list for over 450 plants included
- Carbon soil amendment – increases soil carbon and soil organic matter
- Highly concentrated 70% humic content (A&L method). Feeds beneficial soil microbes by providing a key food source, carbon
- Improves seed germination, root mass, root vigor and overall root and plant health
- Environmentally friendly, OMRI listed. User friendly; can be blended with fertilizers or used alone
- Cannot be shipped to South Dakota
- ORGANIC COCONUT COIR: Made from recycled coconut husks, coir is a light, sustainable growing medium that holds the perfect amount of moisture for starting seeds. 100% biodegradable soil alternative. Environmentally-friendly and a renewable alternative to peat moss. OMRI listed and certified organic.
- IDEAL GROWING MIX: Improve seed germination and root growth with this premium coconut fiber mix, which improves nutrients absorption! Great for flower, vegetable, herb & more plant types. OMRI listed. Naturally disease and pathogen resistant, it will help you grow healthy live plants.
- EASY TO STORE & EXPAND: Each compact coconut coir brick expands into 8 quarts of seed starting mix, providing 16 quarts total. Just add water to expand! Dehydrated bricks save space until planting. Once expanded, coconut coir provides a quality growing medium for all types of plants – indoor plants, house plants, outdoor plants, and more!
- NATURALLY CONSERVES WATER: Renewable coco coir has excellent moisture retention and better air circulation than peat. This eco-friendly, premium seeds starting mix combines well with other potting soil and compost for container plants & raised beds.
- 100% GUARANTEED: Burpee is committed to the success of all gardeners. We treat each order with care to ensure healthy seeds, plants, soil mixes & gardening supplies are sent in excellent condition. If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, we aim to make it right!